Before your departure from France, don't forget to take the following steps.
- Inform the owner of your accomodation of your departure by registered letter with recorded delivery. Please make sure to check your rental contact details for the advance notice (1 to 3 months according to your rental agreements).
- Contact the owner of your accomodation to arrange an appointment on your departure day to check the state of the accomodation and get informed about the refund of your deposit.
- Cancel your suscriptions: electricity, gaz, water, telephone, internet, housing insurance, liability insurance. You can do it by phone but might have to do it by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
📧 CAF AND CPAM
- Make sure to advise the CAF (housing allowance) and the French Health Insurance (AMELI) that you are leaving France.
🏦 BANK ACCOUNT
- It's not always possible to close your bank account before your departure from France (awaiting for the return of your security deposit, CAF or social security payment). Please check with your bank if you can schedule a remote closure of your account after your departure.
- Please contact your provider to cancel your phone package.